Monday, 23 February 2015

It's Been a Long Time

Hello

I hope you're all well and life has been treating you well?

It's been such a long time since I wrote anything.  Many things have happened in my life in the last three years.  Some good, some bad and one or two just awful but I won't dwell on the bad bits. 

I've made many quilts, crocheted blankets and finished my A-Level Textiles.  Yes, really, I did A-Level Textiles.  Not sure how it all started, other than a friend ask if I'd be interested in doing a textile course.  Without really thinking what I was letting myself in for, I said yes and from then on, every Tuesday evening I went off to school to learn.  As it turned out, it was brilliant fun.  I had a fabulous teacher who was inspirational and completely unflappable when things didn't quite go to plan.  I had three units to complete in each year, two of which were topics given in an exam paper and the other was one of my own choice.  It was incredibly time consuming but I'm so glad I did it because at the end I achieved an A*.  Worth all the hard work.

I'm not taking it any further forward at the moment as The Colonel and I will moving this year and I think it would be too much to take on another course.  

Talking of moving, we had the obligatory three estate agents come around to give us a valuation.  The valuations were ok but the estate agents themselves were all like chalk and cheese.  The first was an older guy who clearly didn't really want to sell our house.  On personality alone we felt we couldn't do business with him.  The second one was very young, highly motivated and absolutely charming.  The third one was a washed out, tuned down version of the second.  We actually liked the second one and have subsequently gone with that estate agent on the basis that we feel he'll work to get us a good price.  He was also more realistic about things in general.  He's probably just a really good salesman and we've fallen hook, line and sinker for his charm!!!!  Time will tell.

On my last post, I think I had shown you a quilt that was in progress.  Here is the finished version.  It was something I was making while The Colonel was away and my goal was to complete it for when he came back.  I did manage it and am really pleased with the result.


Until next time, (I'm hoping it won't be nearly three years)

Lesley
  







2 comments:

  1. Wow, your quilt is just stunning! I love the strong colours you chose, so striking. Congratulations on an A*. What next? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josie. Not taking on any courses for now but that does give me more time to do everything else, hopefully. 😄

      Delete