Thursday, 25 November 2010

Brrrrr - It's Cold!

Gosh it feels cold this morning.  Not complaining too much though, it looks lovely and frosty and the sun is shining.  Tilly and I must get out this morning with my camera.

I've been busy quilting this week.  I'm trying to get a few projects finished before I start a new one.  I am winning so far.  


A couple of weeks ago on Kirsty's Homemade Home, Kirsty made a patchwork cushion, so this week I was inspired to make one too.  This is Tilly helping me photograph the cushion.  I think Kirsty's was all hand sewn, I did mine on my machine.

I started a quilt (The Chicken quilt) a couple of weeks ago that was a kit I had bought in Canada.  It's been sitting in the box for three years. I was slightly overwhelmed by the amount of fabric and of making a mistake in the cutting.  With a little help from a quilting friend, I made a start.  We had to juggle a few pieces as the measurements had been changed on the pattern which I hadn't realised at the time of buying the kit.  I'm happy to say I finished it this week.  I'd show you a photo but for some reason I can't upload that particular photo.  I clearly have so much more to learn!  So instead here's a photo I took while out with Tilly on Tuesday.

The beech trees are still lovely in the woods this week.


Keep warm.

Lesley

PS.  I was thinking I would be the only person in the theatre who wasn't laughing when The Col and I went to see Spamalot.  How wrong I was, it was absolutely hilarious.  Marcus Brigstocke played King Arthur and there was a point when it appeared that the whole cast lost the plot and dissolved into giggles.    






No comments:

Post a Comment