Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Flowers and Patchwork

Hello again,

I love these little flowers, they grow all over my front garden.  I had no idea what they were called but Abby at Vintage Tea Time obviously knows stuff about plants and says they're called Scillas.  I have a garden full of "I'm not sure what that's called".  I may have to post more of my photos of plants and weeds in the hope that Abby knows what they are.  Thank you Abby.









A few weeks ago a lady arrived at our quilting group with a big bag of furnishing fabric saying she didn't want it and we could take what we liked.  Never one to turn down free fabric, I found three bits that I thought would work and started to think about what I could do.  So far I've made twenty five blocks.  I've run out of the patterned fabric but have plenty of the blue and pink left.


Have a good week, whatever you're doing.

Thank you for stopping by.

Lesley
x


2 comments:

  1. Wow you've got loads of the little scillas! They look so pretty en masse - I only have a few scattered here and there.
    Love the daffs photo, they are beautiful
    Really like the combinations of fabrics you have here, and all for free!!The blocks look lovely, what will you make with them?
    We like spring flower photos for a dull day like today - more, more please!!!
    have a lovely evening Lesley
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you have got lots of lovely scillas - they're pretty, aren't they? Lovely patchwork - lucky you getting the fabric free. Abby x

    ReplyDelete