It's been too long since I last did a post.
How are you all?
I've spent the last couple of days just reading blogs, trying to catch up with everyone.
Life has whizzed by at an incredible pace. For the next couple of weeks, (I mean this week, even though it's Friday already and next week), I have more time at home. The weather has been much better this week and yesterday we had a glorious day so I got out in the garden, trying to catch up with some jobs that needed doing or things that I should have done weeks ago. Here's some of the more colourful bits in the garden.
The nasturtiums behind these poppies have gone berserk and are now covering the whole path. The cabbage white butterflies have been busy too so I'm expecting an abundance of caterpillars in the next weeks.
This gorgeous rose had got very leggy and last year the flowers weren't very good. I cut it right back at the beginning of the spring, I had no idea if that was the right thing to do but it doesn't seem to have done it any harm.
Plenty of flowers, no beans yet.
I bought a packet of lilies from Morrisons, they were supposed to be a mix of colours. Mine have turned out to be yellow. They certainly stand out.
I have a wall of wild sweet peas (I think that's what they are). They have no scent and are all pink.
I haven't been doing any sewing for the last couple of weeks and I'm getting fidgety to get back to my sewing machine. I have been doing a bit of crochet though, which I'll post about later.
Hope you all have a good day,
Lesley
x








You've got a positive rainbow of colours in your garden! Your rose is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHx
Hi Lesley, welcome back!
ReplyDeleteYour garden is looking very colourful, and I love those dark poppies.
Like you, plenty of flowers on the runners but only little tiny baby beans so far - but we've been picking and eating the dwarf beans and french climbing beans for several weeks, and yet they were all sown at the same time - odd!
Hope you have a good weekend and enjoy a bit more "you" time over the next few weeks.
Gill xx
Your garden is a riot of colour, beautiful. I haven't harvested any beans yet either, though there's plenty of flowers so they should be just about ready for when I get back from my holiday.
ReplyDeleteLove your unusual rose and those deep blue (black?) lilies xxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous flowers!!
ReplyDeleteS x
Your garden is certainly full of colour. Love the poppies.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
You have some beautiful flowers in your garden. Can't wait to see your crochet makes
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful photos. You can hardly see our balcony from the ground - the glass is sort of tinted and it's quite high up so unfortunately not! How awful about your tomatoes - I am on high alert watching all my other plants now in case they get ill!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are enjoying the sunshine :)
x