Good morning lovely blogging friends.
Here's a bit of a catch up.
I have never seen so many apples.
The tree is laden.
Should be a good harvest.
What's going on here?
Half of our magnolia tree is in bloom, (sorry, not the best photo). It doesn't normally do this, I hope it's not about to die on us. The magnolia was one of the reasons I fell love with the garden when we bought the house.
Has anyone got any ideas as to why it could be flowering now?
In Swanage there's a fab little wool shop and they always have boxes of wool for sale outside the shop. The Col and I were passing, (back in the spring, I think) and you know what it's like, you just have to stop and see if there's something that takes your fancy or more importantly, you just can't do without. The Col, to my surprise, spied some wool, picked it up and said, "I love these colours, can you knit me a blanket? I can put it in the car".
"Not really", I said, looking at the colours and thinking, why on earth would you want ANYTHING in those colours. I love The Col to pieces but he's not too good at putting colours together but he does know what colours he likes. After a short conversation about the other colours in the box and me saying, "surely, those colours would be better?" He convinced me to buy the wool and by the time we'd left the shop, I'd decided it would be quicker to crochet a smallish blanket.
I crocheted sixteen, 9 inch granny squares and then crocheted them together, then added a border. Talk about bright, it's positively neon! The Col is very pleased but I've noticed it hasn't made it to the car, it's on the BED!!!!!!!
I'm just grateful he didn't ask for a tank top!
Our part of Wiltshire must have been the only place that didn't see rain yesterday and this was the sunset we got, fabulous.
And here's the moon, well, half the moon. The sky really was that blue, twas amazing.
Here's Tilly and a very naughty 8 month old puppy called Missie, (with the pink collar). Missie has been staying with us for the last couple of weeks and when she's asleep is adorable.
Hard to believe this bundle of cuteness has broken my butter dish and eaten the contents, bent the bars in her crate, trying to get out, eaten the badgers peanuts that gave her the runs, (not pleasant at all) and got hold of the take away boxes and paraded around the room with them, curry sauce dripping everywhere. Tomorrow, she's going home and we're going to miss her. For all her puppyish ways, I wouldn't change a thing, she's got a lovely nature, is quick to learn and really wants to be a lap dog but those legs are just too long. We've had a fun packed two weeks and we will be sad to see her go. BUT, we will be glad to get the house back to normal.
Have a wonderful Sunday, hope the sun shines.
Lesley
x

Hi, yes we have lots of apples too, natures bounty is going to be good this year, although I'm afraid I cannot offer any advice re your magnolia. The flowers look too perfect almost unreal. I love the blanket, it really complements your garden furniture beautifully (I know it's destined for the car).I bet Tilly will miss Missie when she's gone. Lovely post
ReplyDeleteMy dog is called Missie :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have lots of recipes planned for all those apples!!
What a lovely dog, you'd just have to forgive her for all those misdeamours!
ReplyDeleteThe blanket colour combo is intersting, like you say thank heavens an article of clothing wasn't requested, maybe a scarf would look good though?!
Lisa x
Lesley, you did give me a right good belly laugh when I read about your husbands blanket. Have a great weekend and thanks so much, love Linda x
ReplyDeleteLesley, you have had a busy time of it! Hard to believe the puppy is only 8 months, Missie look as big as Tilly!
ReplyDeleteAnd up to all sorts of trouble!
Looks like you'll have a bumper apple crop this year - will you just keep them for eating (and how do you best store them?) or will you make things from them?
As for the magnolia flowering - my brother in law is a gardener and says all sort of odd things are flowering out of season this year - I have primroses flowering now, and my mother has bergenia flowering, both usually spring flowering!
Wow, those colours hit you in the eye for sure when seen close up! But the way you've crocheted them in the granny squares disappates (is that the word i mean?) the brightness I think, and when seen from a distance (like on the chair) it looks great -you've made a brilliant job of the blanket, well done!
Lesley, if you have time pop over to my blog where Ive just posted, and if you can bear to wade thru my holiday photos you may find something of interest....... ;0
Gill xx