Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Beautiful Embroidery, Beautiful Music

 Hi everyone, how are you all?

I went charity shop shopping and look what I found.  A tablecloth, dressing table sets and and beautiful embroidered pillow case, (it does have a fold mark on it).  They are lovely, the embroidery is wonderful and not something I particularly enjoy doing but I do appreciate.






On a completely different theme, today I've been listening to:  


Covers 2 by Show of Hands.  Steve Knightley and Phil Beer, two incredibly talented west country lads who sing folky, acoustic stuff and Miranda Sykes who plays double bass.  Steve Knightley writes some beautiful lyrics and Phil Beer can probably just about play any stringed instrument going. In fact, the man is such a talent that he would make a dustbin lid sound good.  I've been a fan for over 10 years and seen them in concert numerous times.  They've even played the Royal Albert Hall.  What's really lovely about them is that they're approachable.  We went to see them last year at Swanage, Phil was outside collecting things from their van and was happy to stop and talk to people.  Brilliant!

Ok, on with the washing, hoovering and ironing!

Until next time......

Lesley
x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely find in the charity shop.
    Will have to see if I can find the music on You Tube, i like a bit of folk. Have you heard of Anna Tabbush?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you found some great charity shop embroidered linens! Hard to find these days!
    The band sound good, must check them out.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful linens. I love the one with the little row of cottage flowers. Interesting music too. Have a great weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How refreshing when entertainers are engaging and will spend time chatting. Many years ago, in New York City, I spotted Rod Stewart standing in a doorway chatting to a man, whom I later discovered was one of his body guards. I did a double take and he called me over. We chatted for at least a half hour about all kinds of topics. Many people walked past and either did not recognize him or chose to ignore him. He was down to earth and entertaining and I have a lot of respect for him
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fabulous finds! I have such an appreciation for embroidery - it was something I never learned to do but I think I need to give it a go!
    Just stumbled upon your blog and it's lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete