Saturday, 4 February 2012

It's Been A While

Yes, and hasn't it been a while?

I've spent weeks wondering how on earth to start this post seeing as I've been gone for ages.  Do I say, "sorry I've been gone so long" or "I'm back, did you miss me?" Well, I am sorry it's taken so long and I'm not sure that you would have missed me "that" much but here I am backing in the land of blogging.  Time seems to seep away and some days I achieve lots and others I don't appear to achieve anything, other than all those chores that need doing.  I can't even begin to think about what I've been up to since OCTOBER!!!!!  Surely, it can't be that long?  Christmas came and went, so did the New Year.  November went by in there somewhere too.  What do you know, it's February!  Where did January go to?!

Tilly and I are on our own for a while as The Old Colonel is away.  We've been doing some walks in the woods and across the fields.  She doesn't mind the cold (and boy, hasn't it been chilly), and will happily wade through the stream at the bottom of the woods, even on a freezing cold day.

We have three foxes that visit our garden and this one is in a very poor state.  He has mange and has lost most of the fur on his back end.  It's the first time I've seen him out during daylight hours looking for food and I'm guessing he's probably quite poorly.  Hope he makes it through this cold weather.


My first jars of piccalilli.  The recipe said, leave to mature for two months.  Not sure if I can wait that long!


And this was the sunrise one morning last week, beautiful.


Thank you for taking the time to come back and check on this old blog after all this time.  I'm looking forward to catching up with you all.

Until next time, 
Lesley
x






7 comments:

  1. Happy christmas.....new year....etc etc and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back + Happy New Year. I took Moss for a walk today, he loves the stream along by the fields even in the cold (mad spaniel!) Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, hun! Sometimes it's hard to get blogging again after a break and the blogging mojo isn't working. Hope your fox makes it through the snow. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Lesley!
    Its frightening how quickly the time passes, and once you get out of the blogging habit its not always easy to kick start it again - i too had an unplanned break as i found christmas preps just took over.
    Poor Logan has not had too many walks in this cold weather as he doesnt like it! After 5 mins or so he just stops, looks at me, and turns round - he's a spolit lapdog I think! Although he loved the 6" of snow this morning, and raced around the garden kicking up his heels like a rabbit!

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there! I know what you mean about time slipping past. Some days go so quickly that before you know it a week has gone by, this happens in double quick time during December will all the Christmas celebrations.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Lesley, of course you've been missed. Please don't apologise at all. You should be able to blog when you feel like it. I shall look forward to your wonderful nature photographs once more. Poor old fox, he really doesn't look too good does he? Have a wonderful week, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time really does fly by, doesn't it? Poor old fox, I hope he will be OK. Not sure I could resist the piccalilli for two months either!
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete