Tuesday, 1 May 2012

A Little Bit of Colour

It's another rainy day here in Wiltshire.

Tilly and I got drenched this morning when we went out for a walk.

I took these photos in my Mum and Dads garden a few weeks ago and had to share them with you.  Hope the vibrant colours lift your mood if you've got a damp, miserable and grey day.  Certainly works for me.





















The spare room is coming along slowly.


The wardrobes, before.
Forgot to take a photo of the room before I started painting so here's one when I was nearly finished.




I've painted it using Dulux Sweet Pink.  The curtains were a charity shop find and I've bought a new bed too.


Hmm, the wardrobe doors don't look very different do they?    I had painted the whole door but something went slightly wrong with the waxing and I didn't like the effect.  So I bought some wallpaper and pasted it to the panels.  I took the cornicing off, that way there's room to use the top too.  New door knobs, from Laura Ashley. Now I'm trying to find some bedside tables and lamps, without much luck at the moment but I'm sure something will come along.

Have a good week.
Lesley
x


2 comments:

  1. The photos of the flowers are stunning! So bright and beautiful.
    The wardrobes do look like they had a spruce up, pretty colour on the walls. I bet you'll find the bits you need to finish off your room when you are out looking for something completely different.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, those flower photos are just whats needed today - its back to the grey and rain here in Kent today after having had sunshine both Monday and Tuesday (hence my blue skies photo on my blog!!! So we in the UK dont forget what it looks like!)
    Such a lovely array of colour in your parents garden - the two tone auriculas are amazing!
    Just love that pink on your walls, and your refurbed wardrobes look great! Pretty curtains too, its so satisfying when you find just the right thing.
    Thanks for cheering up a grey day!

    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete