Saturday, 19 March 2011

A Cold and Frosty Morning

Wow! It's frosty out there this morning.  Well, at 0700, it was.  The sun is shining, it looks just fabulous and it's going to be a good day.  So I got outside and took a few photos.

I've always wanted to catch those little diamonds on the grass as it sparkles in the frosty sunshine but have never really managed to capture it.  This is this mornings attempt.

These poor little tete a tete are looking a bit sorry for themselves right now.


Our magnificent magnolia, obviously slightly more magnificent when in flower.


These were taken a couple of years ago but here's Tilly, doing what Tilly does best, finding sticks and having fun in any water she can find.


Tilly, August 2010.

I have a free afternoon, so I'll be catching up on my patchwork.  Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a great weekend, enjoy the sunshine.

Until next time .....

Lesley
x

6 comments:

  1. Lovely frosty photos especially the tete a tete in the frosty grass - beautiful!
    I was out there too just after 7 with Logan, still wrapped up in my dressing gown, and it was a lovely frosty start!But I wasnt awake anough to think about photos - maybe tomorrow i'll try and remember to pop my camera in my pocket.
    Tilly looks like she loves the water!
    Hope you enjoyed the sun today - here it was still quite nippy out of the direct sun.
    Have a great weekend Lesley, hope you get lots of piecing done this afternoon - Ive been doing a bit of sewing this afternoon too!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found some lavender online - i must buy some more too as i dont think my own supply will go much further - did you find any good deals?
    Thanks for your comment on my blog - yes, that sounds lovely!
    have a lovely day - another frosty but sunny start here
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley!
    Thanks for your lovely comment - yes I did fill the heart (other two to finish this morning)with lavender, although I usually poke a little bit of stuffing in here and there to give it a better shape, but its mostly lavender.
    Thanks for the tip on buying - will check them out!
    Hope you enjoyed Country File
    Sunny here, lovely!
    have a great day
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lesley, please pop over to my blog, I am so happy to pass on to you a Liebster Blog Award!!
    Congratulations!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, you have such a darling dog and i love her name too.
    i once had a beautiful black labrador called Heather she was my soul mate. i now have a sweet-natured blondie lab, they are such wonderful companions.
    your photographs of the frost are beautiful!

    warmest wishes to you and Tilly

    from me and Lily xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley thanks for visiting my blog and leaving lovely comments. I am looking forward to seeing more of your fab photos, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete