Wednesday, 23 March 2011

Photos From The Weekend

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the lovely comments, they're very much appreciated.  Welcome to my two new followers too.  I'm enjoying reading your blogs, it's really wonderful to have so many really gifted people who inspire me on a daily basis.

Here are the photos I couldn't, for whatever reason, upload to my blog earlier this week.  Not sure what I was doing wrong but I feel it was probably me and not my Mac, as that seems to know what it's doing.  So, here are just a few visitors we get in our garden.

This squirrel is a frequent visitor.  Now, The Col would be happier if said squirrel wouldn't visit but I quite like it.  AND, I suspect that when I'm not at home, he chases it away.  He or she never eats all the fat balls and is always ready to pose for the camera.




That's the washing line going through the top of the photo, I really should move it.



The Col's favourite, Goldfinches.  Hard to believe that such a colourful little bird is native to England, they look like they should come from the tropics.  At the weekend we counted nine of them on the feeders.

Badger's never keep still, they're always on the move.








And then, one of them hears something and they stay completely still for about as long as it takes me to press the button.


And then back to the business of eating peanuts


Another noise!


  This time they did hear something.  Just managed to catch this and then they were gone.

Until next time, thanks for dropping in.

Lesley
x

4 comments:

  1. I love goldfinches. I first noticed a couple visiting the garden last year and they do return but not very frequently. They're often seen in groups, as you have witnessed, though there's only ever a pair which visit here. You're so lucky to have badgers visiting your garden, they obviously like their peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos!
    Love the pics of the goldfinches - they are so pretty arent they?
    Cant believe the tamness of the badgers!
    Glad your lavender has arrived too - doesnt it smell gorgeous!
    I actually bought some Provence lavender this time for the first time rather than the English that I usually buy just to try it.

    Enjoy this lovely weather!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh Lesley, it's a regular little hive of activity in your garden. Lovely photos, the squirrel lets you get really close doesn't he? Thankyou for calling by my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate it. Have a lovely day, Linda x.

    ReplyDelete