Friday, 20 May 2011

Another Lovely Walk and Badgers

Hello again,

The sun was shining again yesterday and Tilly and I had a lovely walk in the woods. 



This is the badger track across the field.  You can just make out that it disappears into the undergrowth on the other side of the field. 


One of the entrances to the set.  Badgers use grass as bedding.  I think this pile of grass had been used and pushed back outside.


One of the other entrances to the set.  This is a really good one, it sits in a steep slope, about 2 metres up, not the easiest to get to, (I had to stand on a tree stump and hold the camera above my head to get this).  It's approximately 80cm across.  You can see the claw marks around the top.


Not the best photo of the badgers but these three turn up regularly for peanuts.


These are some fascinating tree roots that are in the side of the slope.






And the sunset.



The Col and I are off to the theatre tomorrow to see We Will Rock You.  Can't wait!

Now, I've realised I haven't posted about anything I've made recently.  I have been sewing, crocheting and quilting and will do a post entirely dedicated to all things crafty next week.  Including those crochet squares made with the bargain tapestry wool.

Until then.....
Lesley
x




6 comments:

  1. It must be wonderful having badgers as neighbours. Hope you enjoy your theatre visit tomorrow, it's quite some time since I went to the theatre. Looking forward to reading your crafty post next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful walk and badger photos - must be fascinating seeing all this first hand.
    Sounds like you;ve been busy on the crafting front, am looking forward to seeing what you've been up to!
    I hope you both enjoy the heatre trip.
    Thanks for your comment, not sure yet what I'll do with that lovely lace.
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to get to see badgers so close up!! I've never seen one!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to experience one of 'your walks' so you can point things out to me like badger tracks. Only ever seen these amazing creatures once in the wild, must be great to have them visit. Enjoy the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic little nature trail Lesley. Look forward to seeing all your hand-crafted items. Enjoy the show, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoyed the show.
    Just love those badgers.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete