Amanda at Eight By Six Gardening Blog has given me a Liebster Award.
Thank you Amanda.
I wanted to share this photo with you. I took this yesterday. In December 2009 I bought this plant (I'm having a senior moment and can't remember what it's called right now) and somehow I managed to keep it alive. It continued to live and last Christmas I was slightly disappointed that it remained green. I suspect I was meant to do something with it earlier in the year to make it produce the red leaves in December. Then last month, slowly red leaves started to appear and now it thinks it's Christmas and looks absolutely fab.
Here are a few of the visitors to the garden this weekend.
The squirrel is back and has found where he buried his nuts. I'm surprised he needs to raid his buried treasure, he's eating all the fat balls too.
Poppies in my front garden.
Thank you again to Amanda.
See you soon.
Lesley
x

Wow that poor poinsettia is so mixed up! Gorgeous poppies, and congrats on the award Lesley. Thanks for your lovely comments, I hope you post about your birthday, it will be fun to find out what hubby is up to! I must be a control freak though as I told my hubby not to surprise me.Lots of love, Linda x
ReplyDeleteYour poinsettia is lovely! I seem to kill any one I get!
ReplyDeleteI like your visitors! There never seem to be any interesting visitors here although I am quite fond of my resident robins and other feathered friends! Cx
I've never seen a bullfinch or greenfinch in the garden but I saw a great tit last week for the first time. I love attracting different birds to the garden. You should ensure that a pointsettia is in total darkness from dusk until the following morning from October onwards to get it to bloom again for Christmas, though I understand that it's hard to get flowers for the second time from them so you've done really well. Those poppies are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to spot all those wild birds and squirrel and badger too! Lovely poppies! Congrats on the award.
ReplyDeleteJune
Great wildlife in your garden! I was going to remind you it was a poinsettia (I get those moments!), but others have said. Thanks for your comments. Those plants are called Alchemilla - I love them because of the way they look with water drops on them! They're great for padding out flower arrangements too. Abby x
ReplyDeleteFantastic poppies and you lucky thing to have a visiting badger!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your award.
Lisa x
Congratulations on your award Lesley!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, and I cant believe you've managed to keep a Poinsettia alive for that long - mine just about survive til January!!
Great badger and poppy photos.
Gill xx
Lesley, forgot to say thanks for the good luck wishes to Bella - thats very kind.Re: estate sales - the one we went to was local and only advertised locally,not sure if there is any nationwide forum, so may be just a case of keeping eyes open locally and a watch in the local papers.
ReplyDeleteGill xx