Thursday, 12 May 2011

Discerning Birds, Bees and Flowers

Welcome to all my new followers, it's lovely to have you along.

Thank you for all your lovely comments.  Lots of us bloggers say how much we appreciate all the comments left on our blogs and it's true, isn't it?  We all appreciate the kind and inspiring things others have to say?  

I try to catch up with you all everyday and I'm sure that you've all given me the confidence and the inspiration to try something new, think about things from a different perspective or just have a jolly good laugh at some of the incredible tales you tell.  Only problem is, I now have a list as long as my arm of things I'm planning to do.  There are just not enough hours in the day.

I wanted to show you a photo of a 10kg bag of peanuts we bought for the birds and the badgers but The Col has thrown it away.  So I'll just have to describe it to you instead.  The peanuts were called,

 "Nice Nuts"

 and the line across the bottom of the bag said,

"For The Discerning Bird".

I wondered if the company who's peanuts these were, actually thought about their logo, I guess they did.  The Col and I did have a chuckle.

And to give you a better understanding of how The Col's mind works, look at this,






I had never seen bees mating before and was absolutely fascinated.  I had time to get the camera and get these shots.  I think she's telling where to go in the last shot! 
Anyway, The Col refers to these photos as,

BEE PORN!!!!!!

Apologies to those of you with a delicate disposition.  If you need a little light relief after that, here are some flowers in my garden at the moment










And of course, Tilly, who had seen something move and was on a mission.


Until next time, have a fab weekend.

Lesley
x



7 comments:

  1. That gave me a laugh this morning!
    Gorgeous flowers and doggy.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super strapline, it's nice to see a company with a sense of humour, even if it was done innocently? Your bee pictures are amazing 'bee porn' is the perfect title and I love the flowers especially those alliums. Looks like you have a really pretty garden. C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I'd never thought about bees mating before, as you say, fascinating. Ahh, Tilly's concentrating hard. Wonder what she's seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol at bee porn and nice nuts!! Would have made me laugh so much seeing nice nuts on the shelf ;o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a shame your hubby threw the bag away, what a laugh! Well I didn't think I would be getting a little lesson about the birds 'n bees today! Love the squirrel and badger, they look so at home in your garden. Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Georgeous flowers!

    Great pictures of the bees. I have a beehive, but I am fascinated by all sorts of wild bees too!

    Have a good day!

    Martin :0)

    www.our-good-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete