Hi everyone,
Isn't the weather just glorious?
I've spent most of three days in the garden, doing some tidying, pruning, sweeping, digging and planting. Normally my Dad sows runner beans for my sister and I to plant out but this year he's leaving it up to me to sow them. He had a hip replacement last week and doesn't think he'll be able to cope with everything in the garden this year. I've also planted some garlic and yesterday I noticed the tips of green poking out. I've never grown garlic before but it's supposed to be easy. For the last three years my tomatoes have got Blight and I've lost them all. I'm told that once it's in the soil it's hard to get rid of. So this year, I've got a good old growbag and am going to have a go with that.
In the woods where Tilly and I walk, I keep finding plastic bottles wedged in trees.
I'm not sure why someone would put them there.
Maybe to make a point about littering.
Maybe to stop wildlife from getting trapped inside, (I know, highly unlikely but you have to have some faith in people).
It's not as if it's going to degrade any quicker by putting in a tree. In fact the tree is likely to die before a plastic bottle degrades.
But what I really don't understand is, if you've taken the time to pick the bottle up and place it in a tree, why not take it home and put it in a bin!
Is it me? Am I missing something?
Next time I go into the woods, I'm going to collect them all and put them in the bin. After all, I can't complain about it, take photos of them and then not, could I?
Next time I go into the woods, I'm going to collect them all and put them in the bin. After all, I can't complain about it, take photos of them and then not, could I?
Took this really early in the morning, that smoke behind the trees is in fact, steaming piles of muck waiting for the farmer to spread it around the field.
The daffs have been gorgeous this year and despite having frost some mornings, they just pick themselves up and continue to look wonderful.
Have a good week and enjoy the wonderful sunshine.
Lesley
x




I wish I could spend some time outside pruning and planting new flowers!!! beautiful pictures!!
ReplyDeleteHow bizarre to put bottles in trees! I wonder what thats all about!
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers and blossom, and I love the photos of Tilly.
Very atmospheric photo of the fields, just speaks of misty mornings!
Hope this great weather continues - I dont want to hear or look at the forecast!
Hi Lesley
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on mine - hope you have been enjoying the good weather of last week out in your garden.
Has just got colder here and has clouded over and is looking like rain - be a while before we see the sun again I think.
Hope you have a great Easter!
Gill xx