Monday, 20 December 2010

It's Beginning To Feel Like Christmas

Today is the day that feels like Christmas has arrived.  I've made the first batch of mince pies.  My sister came over for a quick coffee on her way home and to collect her Christmas present and this afternoon I plan to ice the very wonky, (wonky because I had to cut the burnt bits off), booziest cake I've ever made.





The snow has stopped for now, the sun even came out for a few minutes earlier and the whole place just looked wonderful.  I was making the mince pies at the time and didn't get out with the camera or Tilly.  

I have some quilted place mats to finish today, go out with Tilly and have a quick read of Delia's Christmas, the last 36 hours, just to make sure I'm all on track for the big day.   That is, if the snow and ice eases off just a little so the family can actually get here for the big day. 

Thanks for stopping by, until next time........

Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Bet your mince pies were good - would love to see pics of your quilted mats!

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete