Hello again, thank you for stopping by,
Hope you're enjoying this week and you've found some peace amidst the chaos that reigns on the run up to Christmas? For me, this is the best week, the cooking has been done, there's loads (and by that I mean too much) food in the house. I really don't need to think about what to cook and there's lots of really lovely treats to munch. The house is clean and reasonably tidy and I don't feel guilty about just sitting down for the afternoon and watching a jolly good film.
The Col and I are doing all the family visits this week. It's really good to catch up with everyone and actually have time for a chat, find out what nieces and nephews are up to and eat too much wonderful Christmas cake. Talking of cake, the wonky, booziest cake has gone down very well and tastes good considering I tried to cremate it.
The snow has melted, the temperature has risen and the garden looks green (and brown) again. I'm actually sorry it's warmed up. I like the real cold temperatures and snow, although it did almost stop the senior members of the family arriving for Christmas Day.
We live at the edge of a wood and in the evening we get some special visitors to our garden. Back in the spring we had five of them arrive each night, parents and three babies.
This is one of the babies, he or she (we haven't quite worked it out yet), is now bigger than his or her parents! The very cold weather and the snow didn't stop them coming for peanuts. As the snow has stayed for so long we've been able to see where they come in and out of the garden by following their tracks in the snow. I know there are mixed opinions about badgers but these are not near any livestock or a main road. There is no doubt that if cornered, they are fearsome creatures and will be extremely aggressive. Tilly has to have an escort to the garden after dark, just in case they are around but if they are, they scamper off and come back when it's all gone quiet again.
Lesley
Hi!!
ReplyDeleteHave just found your blog via an interesting comment you left on Julia Croslands blog so I thought Id come on over!
Her last post has struck a cord with many of us!
Dont give up on your blog - you have posted some fantastic nature photos of your walks with Tilly - the frosty ones are brilliant!
And I enjoyed seeing your patchwork, love the bright colours in the piece you did at class.
People will come from the comments you leave on others blogs, like I did.
I'm new to this too, only started a month or so ago - it is time consuming at first, but it is so rewarding i find, and great to share stuff!
So please, if you have time, do another post and show your latest stuff and some more photos of your lovely dog!
You have a follower now you know!!!
All my best wishes
Gill xx
Hi Lesley!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting and leaving a lovely comment!
I'm so glad to have encouraged you, I still remember what it felt like wondering if i was just wasting my time,that no one was even reading it - my inital encouragment came from Daryl at Vermont Cottage - she is great, pop over and see her brilliant and interesting blog - her link is on my sidebar - if you leave a comment Im sure she'll visit you!
I think an awful lot of people look without leaving comments - judging by my stats i would say only 10 to 15% of readers leave a comment, or maybe thats cos my blog is still fairly new.
It is time consuming though, cos you have to really get back to other peoples blogs aswell as writing your own posts - i try to do it all first thing!
Good Luck and I look forward to your next posts!!!
Gill xx