Wednesday, 9 March 2011

I Have Been Inspired

Today Gillyflower became my very first follower, hurray!  I had almost given up on blogging and then Gill came along with her encouraging words and advice at just the right moment.  Do have a look at her blog, she makes lovely things and loves vintage fabric, oh yes, and takes great photos.  She also has a gorgeous little dog, who is really cute.


So having been inspired, here are some photos of what I've been up to lately.




This is a quilt I made for my Mum.  She had major heart surgery in January, is now making steady progress but was in need of some happy colours in her life.  



Christmas place mats, did these really quickly one afternoon.  


This is what cranberry muffins look like if you don't have a muffin tin!  Fresh cranberries, very tangy but The Col said they were ok with a cup of coffee with lots of sugar.  I thought they were delicious but he does have a very sweet tooth.


One of my walks with Tilly


The spring in the woods


One very frosty morning


An interesting fallen tree


And of course, Tilly.


I couldn't get Tilly to sit still for this photo, there was something in the woods that had grabbed her attention. A second later she was off after whatever it was she had seen.


Thanks to Gillyflower and thank you for stopping by.

Lesley
:-)








5 comments:

  1. Go Girl!!!!!!!
    Love that quilt that you made for your Mum - the colours are gorgeous!!!I bet she was thrilled, and just what she would've needed at such a time. Glad she's making good progress.
    I am thrilled that I have inspired you - it is such a great feeling.
    Love your outdoor photos, Tilly is beautiful.
    Thank you for your thanks, I'm just so glad to have helped.
    Be brave enough to leave comments on your favourite blogs so that people can find you, otherwise they wont know you're here!!!!
    Have fun!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S Have added you to my list of fav blogs on my sidebar!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley!
    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment! Have just passed on my thanks to Abby at Vintage Tea Time for identifiying the scillas - they are so pretty arent they?
    Our garden is not a large one but it does have some largish borders that need attention and a small vegetable area so i think it will keep me busy enough!
    Just off now to sow some seeds that are a bit late in going in - think it will take me several years to get a decent veg plot going as I'm out of practice and a bit of fair weather gardener!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you do don't give up blogging! It's great fun when you get going - and your photos are fab and should be shared! Lovely quilting. I've been sewing this morning, but I've just stepped away from the sewing machine, as it's got a bit temperamental - we both need a break! I could just eat one of your muffins - they look yummy! Hope your mum continues to do well. As Gillyflower says, pop in and leave comments on other blogs and you'll soon get return visitors! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lesley!
    Thanks for you lovely comment!
    Not a silly question at all - in fact its often quite difficult to buy a resonable quantity at a reasonable price.(Last year I made a lot of lavender bags and sachets for fairs!)
    I bought mine online last year from a company who grow and sell their own lavender - I think it was a Norfolk company but I can't remember their name I'm afraid. If I come across it I'll let you know.
    I also pick and dry my own, but now we've moved I shall have to put in some plants cos theres only one here!
    Dull and cold here today
    have a good day
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete