The Magnolia has been beautiful this year. I took these photos about a week ago when it was at it's most glorious.
The poor camellia has suffered. Last year, I moved it to what I thought would be a better place for it. Although I watered it everyday, fed it and used camellia compost it has only produced six or seven flowers this spring, the rest of the buds fell off (that may have been frost). The leaves have gone a bit yellow but with a bit of TLC maybe next year it will do better.
I love the colour of these grape hyacinths.
So here's what I've been up to in the last couple of days. One of my favourite things to do is, sew all the scraps I have together. There are no rules, you don't have to be that precise, (well just a bit), and you end up with a whole new piece of very interesting fabric.
Just a few scraps........
Tah dah! Pieces of fabric for my future project.
Do you know, I've been quite overwhelmed by the lovely comments you leave. They make my day and I find I can't wait to see who's been visiting and I have nine followers too. If it wasn't for Gill at Gillyflower I may well have left blogging behind but her encouraging words gave me the push I needed to keep going. Thank you Gill and thank you to everyone else, this blogging malarky brightens my day.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Lesley
x

I love your ideas with the scraps! I have so many bits and pieces that I haven't known what to do with, but now I am inspired! Thank you! Cx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful magnolia! And love what you've done with the scraps - v pretty! Abby x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos. I particularly love the camelia, it's so pretty.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea with the scraps of fabric; I think you've inspired me to have a go too. I've been struggling with my first attempts at patchworking - it's the measuring and lining up seams that I've been getting ratty with so rather fancy something a little more random.
Have a lovely day.
Hx
Lesley your pictures are beautiful. My Mum used to feed her Camelias with Cold Tea and hers were stunning -- Maybe it worked. Lovely to find your beautiful blog whilst suffering a bout of " Blog Hopping Disease!" Kindest Regards Linda
ReplyDeleteThis is definitely my kind of patchworking and it looks stunning and so effective - will have to give it a go x
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to seeing the end result! I love the way you've matched all the colours together.
ReplyDeleteDan
-x-
Lesley, what beautiful photographs. The Magnolia is spectacular, I would love one. Thankyou so much for your lovely warm wishes, it was greatly appreciated. I am feeling much better now, thankyou. Have a very Happy Easter, love Linda x
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous magnolia, stunning. I'm sure the camellia is just sulking after being moved and will pick up again. I love grape hyacinths, I wonder why I don't have any in my garden, I'll have to remedy that. What a great idea to sew your scraps together, it looks very effective. I see from your previous post that you bought your lavender from Yorkshire Lavender. We visited there last year, it's a lovely place. We may go again this year.
ReplyDeleteWow what beautiful pictures - stunning. Scarlett x
ReplyDeleteLovely post Lesley!
ReplyDeleteThe photos of your magnolia are wonderful - the magnolia is magnificent,beautiful colour and its enormous!Your garden looks lovely. The muscari are so pretty.
Hopefully the camellia will pick up in time, it was a hard winter too so maybe it takes time to recover.
Am loving your crazy patchwork - theres something very satisfying about joining all the scraps and making a new piece of fabric.
Thankyou for your kind words at the end - I'm so glad you didnt give up, I feel so happy that I helped, and I know how blogging brightens my days too - its fun to share stuff you've seen, done and made, and eveyone Ive come across is so friendly and encouraging.
Its so exciting to see a new comment or to see a new follower!
Hope you keep on enjoying your blogging.
Gill xx