Just had to share a couple of photos with you this evening.
The female badger turned up in broad daylight, about 9pm,
which is slightly unusual.
As the light faded I noticed lots of movement in the garden. The security light came on and look what was there....
I apologise for the fuzzy photo but it's difficult to get a badger to pose, let alone get four of them to keep still.
This is the first time we've seen these two badger cubs in the garden. They happily munched away at the peanuts for ages, giving me some time to take a better shot.
and then they came a little closer.....
and closer still, followed closely by dad....
Yes, that is the window frame, and the door is open. What a privilege to get this close and they're sooooo cute!
I've got some more photos but I just wanted to share these few with you before I head up to bed.
Bye for now.
Lesley
x
Wow -you are lucky. Great photos. They'll be moving in with you next! Have a good weekend. Abby x
ReplyDeleteThat's a veritable chess set of badgers! They do love cakes. My friend bought a house where it transpired that badgers visited the neighbours (who worked at a biscuit factory) brought home loads of broken bits for them. There were loads of fat happy badgers padding around every night. Wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteBTW - not saying that I approve of feeding them biscuits, but it was wonderful to see them all thriving.
Ali x
Awwwww, how wonderful. I remember having a family of hedgehogs in our garden when I was a child and being thrilled at that, so I can only imagine what it's like to have a family of badgers visiting. How does Tilly react to them?
ReplyDeleteWow! What great images! Cx
ReplyDeleteWow! What amazing shots!
ReplyDeleteBadgers are georgeous!!
Martin :0)
That is totally unbelievable Lesley, they must be very comfortable in your garden. Have a lovely weekend, love Linda x
ReplyDeleteAli,
ReplyDeletewe did try giving them left over spaghetti bolognaise. They weren't interested and only sniffed it and moved it around the patio making a rather large mess, heyho!
Jo,
Tilly just watches them through the window but we do have to be careful. We've taught her just to lie down at the window. The badgers would come off better if they should have an encounter.
Lovely photos - wild life at such close quarters. We went on holiday to Cornwall when Our Daughter was very small. We stayed in a cottage just outside Looe - every night the badgers came for their dinner which was usually our leftover jacket spuds with beans. In the end we cooked them jacket spuds especially and put a dollop of jam on top which they wolfed down!
ReplyDeleteJune
Incredible that they come so close Lesley! They must feel safe in your garden.And they know theres always food for them.
ReplyDeleteGill xx
Thanks for your comment lesley - Logan is a darling!
ReplyDeleteHope weather a bit more cheerful where you are - still windy and unsettled here - no rain since this morning though, even a bit of sun!
Gill xx
Hi Lesley, thanks for stopping by at my blog. Tilly is sooooo cute! These badger pics are amazing. Really looking forward to following your blog. Rach
ReplyDelete