Thursday, 5 May 2011

Look What's Just Arrived! Some Crochet And A Happy Birthday Too!



I'm so excited, the postman just dropped a parcel through the letterbox.  The parcel smelled wonderful and inside were these.


That turned out to be .......


My lavender heart and a lovely needle case from Gill at Gillyflower.  Purchased from her online shop.

Thank you Gill, they're gorgeous.

Ooh that's made my day!

Last week while in Swanage, the little wool shop there, (that sells a multitude of crafty things in a very small but organised space), had all their tapestry wools for 50p each.  Most were in baskets all muddled up.  I managed to find about six shades of one colour.  I bought numerous colours.  What, you may wonder, am I going to do with them all?  Well, I have a plan, which to be honest is more than I normally have at this point.  I have been known just to buy because I may like to do some tapestry sometime in the future!!!!!  Tapestry, I've never mastered the art.


So I'm going to crochet a throw or blanket or if I lose heart, a cushion cover in all the different colours.  


Of course, it's not quite as simple as that.  I really wanted the colours to blend in to one and another but some of the colours I had bought were not the following number on the label.  Some of the squares didn't look quite right.  So I hopped on the interweb and found the missing numbers/colours.  Not quite 50p each but not too much more.  Now I'm waiting for another parcel to arrive. 

 Happy Birthday Gill, hope you're having a great day.

Lesley
x




11 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts from Gill at Gillyflower very well chosen if I may say so, she's a talented lady. Your shop sounds perfect. I love those kinds of shops where you are delighted to have found them and the other members of your family look at you in disbelief - or is that just me? Your tapestry wools look scrummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're keeping your postman busy! Love the lavender heart - v pretty. Good luck with the wool 'plan' ! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those lavender hearts of Gills, I bet they smell lovely. Those cupcakes look scrummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to get things in the post, especially from talented makers like Gill. The crochet looks lovely too. Have a great weekend, Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're pleased with the Lavender Heart and needle case Lesley!
    And thank you so much for your birthday wishes here - those cupcakes look fab displayed like that!! (and your lovely comment on my post!)
    Those tapestry wools look lovely, wonderful colours!You've been very busy there by the looks of it!
    have fun crocheting, and have a great weekend!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am LOVING your tapestry wool - total bargain at 50p a skein. I once tapestried (?!) a Celtic knot in all the colours of the rainbow. Supposed to be for a footstool. No idea what happened to it.....

    The lavender heart is ever so pretty - enjoy it!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comment on my blog! I wish that I could crochet. An aunt did try to teach me when I was about 8 but it was all a bit of a disaster. I did however learn basic knitting which I am now teaching my daughter! I may yet go out and buy a hook - you never know an old dog may well learn new tricks!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Lesley,

    Those tapestry wools are lovely colours, don't you just love a bargain?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, going to follow yours as it looks lust my cup of tea!!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi..lovely pressie and those cupcakes look yummy...on my way hehe
    Glad you are enjoying the paper flowers...lots of fun and lots more ideas
    Hugs Suz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lesley!
    Thanks for your comment!
    What fun you can have painting your old pine!Just think of all the different colours you could have - pale and neutral for a french or scandinavian feel, or soft greeny grey for a country feel or you could get quite carried away and have the odd bright pink or turquoise piece! Not sure what the Col would have to say about that though! Mine would have a fit I think! Maybe best stick to something unobtrusive!
    have a great day!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pink dressing table is great isnt it? But i guess it might get a bit too much after a while!
    Intrigued by the old loo with flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete