Last week The Col and I spent a few days in Swanage, Dorset. After Easter the place emptied and most mornings this is what the beach was like, no one else around, my kind of heaven.
I did find these two and thought ......
The Beachcombers
The local fishing industry isn't what it used to be. This boat had just come in to land its catch.
This crab was 13 inches across its shell!
Thank goodness for the elastic bands!
Rock pooling
Took these at about 0730.
Lovely warm day
It's a dogs life. This isn't Tilly but another black Lab that had it's own parasol.
Tilly, drying off after a swim.
Look at this for a prison cell. It's about the size of a very small single garage.
And here's what the stone above the door says. I think they should reinstate this little prison but it would obviously have to be a lot bigger. I wonder what their idea of vice was? Especially when my sister always tells me her only vice is chocolate!!!!! And who where the Friends of Religion and Good Order?
Oh my goodness, look at the time, it's Monday, it was still Sunday when I started this.
Have a good Bank Holiday, hope the sun shines where you are.
Lesley
x






Lovely pics! I've never been there, but it looks fab. Looks like a really good break! Enjoy your week. Abby x
ReplyDeleteOOOOh I do like your pictures especially the deserted beach and the beach huts. You must have had such a restful break.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely break. I love the pic of the Lab with his own parasol. I remember our black Lab from when I was a child loved to jump in water, so I can imagine Tilly does too.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting me and leaving a comment, it's lovely meeting new people.
ReplyDeleteAll your photos of Swanage are just fabulous, makes me want to visit it even more. Your Tilly is a beauty.
Lisa x
Oh lovely Lesley, I went to Swanage when I was a kid, its great. How thoughtful of someone to give the dog his own parasol.Love the pics of the crabs underwater and the little blue flowers in the rocks. (I've forgotten what you call those!)Love Linda x
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your lovely blog through flowers on my table!Thanks for sharing such lovely pictures! the place is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh this brings back memories.
ReplyDeleteIn 1998 I arrived in the UK to live, with my (now-ex) hubby and my 6-month old son and we spent a week in London before realising we didn't want to live there. Didn't know what to do so I called an old friend who was living in Swanage and she said to come and stay with her whilst we regrouped. So we did.
We stayed with her for 3 months (yes she's an amazing person) and I utterly loved every minute of it. Swanage is fabulous. I'd so love to go back - we left in September 1998 and I have only been back twice for visits - the last time about 10 years ago.
Your holiday looked so good. And Tilly is great! (My husband is dog mad and I have become quite fond of them too.)
WOW you're the 2nd blog I've come across this evening that has mentioned camping in Dorset - Now I'm really keen to do some homework! It looks gorgeous xxx My family and I are heading to UK & Europe for 5 weeks next year and wish to do some camping in England.
ReplyDeleteLovely blog xxx